Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day

Those of you who know me well know I love great music from all genres... be it Rage Against the Machine to Mozart. Well, tonight I went back to Wells Cathedral where the only thing that could compete with this amazing structure were the notes from its huge pipe organ. Powerful stuff. Here's but a taste...



For those of you in the good ole US of A, enjoy your 4th of July. Be thankful you were born in such a great country (no matter how high the gas prices). While you're all watching parades and preparing for barbecues, I'll be at work. But to celebrate I thought I might bring something truly American into work to enjoy with my UK colleagues... maybe Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Happy Birthday to Ella Marie and Grace Elizabeth Reiger.

-ExPat

1 comment:

Indy ExPat said...

Turns out while Krispy Kreme has established a beachhead in London, they have yet to fully infiltrate the country. It's only a matter of time though. Had to make do with "American Style" cookies. By the way, the English call cookies biscuits. I wonder if they have a childhood character named Biscuit Monster?