Sunday, June 15, 2008

Welcome to My Flat

Finally, a video tour of my flat here in Bristol. Funny thing to note... the landlord will come from time to time to see that I’m being tidy. She sends me a letter a few weeks in advance to let me know when she’s coming. I should put that rule into effect if anyone rents my place. Anyhow, that explains why the place is cleaned up (not that I’ll let it get too dirty anyway).

I bought a TV since I recorded this video. I also had to get a TV license. That’s right… you have to have a license here to watch TV. It cost £139 ($280) and is only good for a year. I’m told it is to pay for free BBC stations, but there are commercials on those stations. Basically, it’s just another way for the UK government to tax its citizens. Anyhow, I now have my choice of TV from a whopping 4 analog stations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flat looks nice. Did you have to buy the dishes etc? How is it going to get internet in your flat? Mom

Anonymous said...

When I arrived the flat was furnished, but not functional. I had to buy dishes, silverware, etc. Internet has been a struggle. In theory the stuff I need for broadband internet was shipped from a telecommunications company (BT) and is to arrive tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Take care!! :)